AAI Blank Picture Charms- Can anyone share?

I recently got a make-your-own altered art kit on Ebay and it is quite wonderful...except for the fact that when it comes to the blank charms, there is no mention of a supplier. I am looking for those charm blanks with "AAi" written in the back along with some lines and squiggles. They''re really wonderful to create small charms with and I suspect that they can be bought in bulk because all the Ebay charm-bracelet makers seem to have them. The problem is, *no one* on Ebay wants to share where they get them from! Even the person who sold me my kit played dumb and told me that I could purchase more charms...from her! I don''t want to start my own business, I won''t be selling my stuff on Ebay. I do this as a hobby, for fun, and occasionally create a gift for a friend. I don''t see why knowing where to purchase the darn blank charms is so threatening!

Does anyone know where I can purchase these specific charms??? I feel like I am going to lose my mind looking for them!!!

2. # ADS

It sounds like this company: AAi Jewelry.

But from the looks of their website, they work more in finished products and not as a supplier? Might be a dead end. Sorry.

Hey Craft-
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give them a ring and see if they sell supplies. The website description is kind of vague, but it is possible.
    Funny how that company didn't come up despite all the combinations of "Aai" stuff I searched for! :-D

Your AAI Charms

Hi.. You must have bought the kit from Carrie on EBay. I too have purchased her kit. Those charms with silver bracelet are sold at Wal-Mart in their Jewelry section. They run around $4-5 per bracelet and have 3-4 AAI charms on them with a couple of little silver trinket charms. The Wal-Mart stores in MN do not carry them but my Sister-in-law gets them at her local Wal-Mart in TX and mails them to me. PPL are also selling these charms on EBAY but costing around $1+ per charm. If your local Wal-Mart sells these bracelets, your better off cost wise. The Wal-Mart bracelets have little images on them but they pop right off using a table knife. Hope that helps!

What the AAi Charm bracelet look likes from Wal-Mart

Just so you know what your looking for - here is what the bracelets originally look like... The AAi charm bracelets are from Wal-Mart. They have the AAi charms on them. As I mentioned, you just pop out their image with a table knife and add your own photo. Have FUN!!! This is what Carrie sells in her kit.
    This guy also sells the bracelets he got at Wal-Mart. "Blue Moon" beads sells photo charms. Joanne fabric and Michaels craft stores carry "Blue Moon" beads. High quality nice line of beads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-LARGE-CHARM-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks so much! I guess now I realize why there is so much "secrecy" around this! LOL! I will definitely check them out.

Blank charm bracelets

I have 9 blank charm bracelets for sale on EBay. Maybe they will help you out with your new altered art venture. They sell at Michaels and Joanne's for $1.99 each!! Mine right now are $1.66 each and have better toggles on the ends.
    Just an FYI :)) Have a blast making bracelets!! It's hard to find all the stuff but just keep surfing!!! Thanks - Jennifer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290142754685

I have no affiliation with this company other than they have been participating on my site Crafty Tips almost since day 1.

They have similar charms (finer looking and quality) and they are referred to as "photo charms".

Their site is - http://photojewelrymaking.com/

Fire Mountain has some too:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/sear...w=photo+charms
    If you are looking for public domain images, be sure to check out our trio of websites - http://www.freevintageart.com free images based on American copyright law, http://www.reusableart.com our first and oldest site with public domain images from around the world, and http://www.thefamousartists.com a celebration of the works of some of the world's most famous artists.

Because my information was given to me in confidence by a Walmart Manager, I won''t post it here publicly, but you can figure it out by the facts I''ll post.

The AAI charms were pulled from ebay shelves and sold to a surplus reseller, which is where people have been buying these AAI charms from and reselling them on ebay, the vendor is out...no more to sell as of June! Foster Grand owns the subdivision of the company that produced these for the No Boundaries label that Walmart carries.

Now, ask yourself why were they pulled from the Walmart shelves, all over the USA?

Some facts, these charms are manufactured in China. *BIG HINT*
    What''s been going on lately with China products, that is all over the news.
    It''s a safety issue, not poor sales at Walmart. Any left on shelves at Walmart, is a failure to pull stock that was mandated by the company.
    Why?!

I think you all should be able to figure it out by what I have given you above.

Now, do you really want these charms on your bracelets?

Not me! The photo blanks that are bezel settings made in the USA, and sold on ebay, are made of solid brass so you have no problems with those health wise. And if you want silver, many sellers there offer them in silver plated ones over the brass as well.

Just think about it, before you slap anything from China on a bracelet that might come in contact with children''s mouths....anything made in China, shouldn''t come near a child''s mouth these days.

charming1

I found this today after asking a woman on etsy if her kit came with the information for the Aii charms. I just couldn''t justify $60 for the kit to get the information...

People guard that information on those charms like it''s a state secret so I can definitely appreciate the frustration!

Thanks for all the info, it makes things a lot easier!

Alix )

Remove Ads

Ads