Help for a beginning quilter!

I''ve stumbled on this fun site while searching desperately for some help with my beginning quilting attempts. Hopefully you ladies can lend a hand!

I''ve been quilting for a maybe a year. I barely sewed before that. I''ve made a pillow, a baby quilt, and a table runner. Actually, I''m finishing the table runner now, and am just *not* happy with how it came out! My corners never match, my batting always gets bumpy -- I can''t even seem to rotary cut straight. There aren''t any quilting classes around that are available to me, but I like the looks of the Quilt University website I found. Only problem is the beginners class doesn''t start until mid-September. So until then, I want to use my extra summer time to practice as much as I can.

Maybe there''s a great book out there for beginning quilters (I have a Quilting 101 book and a book by Carol Doak that I use right now) that I don''t know about -- or maybe one for sewers, because really that would be just as helpful. Or maybe another online resource that could give me tips/lessons to try out. I love new projects, but in general just feel very inept, especially when it comes to anything that needs to be straight!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Courtney

2. # ADS

You can try to find "how to videos" on the web. I've made a baby quilt following instructions of free instruction videos on the web. Sadly I can not remember the website...

good luck!

Remove Ads

Ads