My Latest Free Bag Pattern

Here's my latest free recycled craft pattern to share. It's a sling bag purse crocheted from plastic bags.

Here is the link to the free pattern http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/0...bon-sling-bag/

2. # ADS

Wow that's cool! How hard is it to work with? I'm not sure mine will look so consistent and clean...

how well do your straps hold up? they seem thing - i'd be afraid they'd stretch and break.....

These bags are pretty nice to work with. They are smooth and I find it easy to crochet with. Don't worry about your consistency, just keep your stitches snug and it will look fine.

As for the straps, they're fairly strong. I probably wouldn't put really heavy stuff in there. The purse isn't too big so I don't think you could get enough in it to be a problem.

Thanks for the questions. It really helps me to know what concerns people have and I want to consider these things when I design my patterns.
    Thank you!

you're in WA - i'm surprised you haven't posted anything made out of the little purple bags from fred meyer! i actually have a stash of them leftover from when i lived up there that i've been holding onto for just the right project. they are the best color!

Quote Originally Posted by sarabell
    you're in WA - i'm surprised you haven't posted anything made out of the little purple bags from fred meyer! i actually have a stash of them leftover from when i lived up there that i've been holding onto for just the right project. they are the best color!
    Oh I wish they had purple! Unfortunately at the nearest Fred Meyer store they use a brown colored bag. I did have someone send me some purple plastic bags from PA and I plan to make something special with those cool bags soon.

hmm. they always had the purple ones for small stuff like cards, etc. the big bags were brown.

Remove Ads

Ads