Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got Old Jeans? Make a Bag!

I finally got my first real sewn recycled denim bag done. I used just a pant leg to make this little jean bag and some other recycled fabric for the lining. Here is the link to my mini tutorial on how to make this. http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/1...enim-jean-bag/

This is a smaller version of what I've seen other people make when they recycle old jeans. What'd ya think?

2. # ADS

That's cute :)

that is really cute!! thanks for sharing

I prefer the one-cheek version to the two-cheek version. :)

Very Cute!

oh man, i can''t wait to make that for my little sister. fantastic christmas gift idea.. thanks!

Thanks so much for all the nice comments. I really loved making these denim jean bags but decided that I wanted one a bit bigger. So I made this one.

I using it right now. I love it with the zippered opening with lining. Here is a detailed picture tute for everyone who likes this bag.
    http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/1...-bag-tutorial/

Another hint for these...You can make them into a "box shape" and place file folder cardboard inside the lining, and they hold up really well and then they keep their shape even when sitting on the table!

[quote:e3cf5e6938="Momto2boyz"]Another hint for these...You can make them into a "box shape" and place file folder cardboard inside the lining, and they hold up really well and then they keep their shape even when sitting on the table![/quote:e3cf5e6938]

This is an excellent tip !! thanks for sharing. I''ve applied it to my own little project

Jen

Patchwork Denim Laundry Bag

Your post recalled a fond memory of my grandmother, whom I like to think it one of the founding mothers of "up-cycling". Like many in her generation who grew up during the Great Depression, she could never understand the shabby-chic and ripped jeans fashion trends of the 80's and 90's. I can remember visiting her and waking up in the morning unable to find my favorite pair of jeans, which I had intentionally ripped holes in the seat of and patched with pieces of an old flannel shirt. Sounds nuts, but that look was all the rage and I was so upset that they had disappeared. My grandmother was a very proper woman from the south and she just smiled and said how she couldn't believe it either and that to make me feel better she was going to buy me a new pair. I sensed she was up to something, but I had no proof and I loved her so I had to let it go. I think it was two Christmas seasons later that my dad received a lovely homemade denim laundry bag from his mom. It was beautifully done, and in its details was the evidence: flannel patches on ripped denim (that was mine); rows of saftey pins (my cousin); and many other identifiable pieces of jeans she had swiped from the family. I think my dad even recognized some from when he was in high school! All those years she was taking our jeans while we slept and turning something shabby into something useful. I wish I had a picture of it to share. It would make a great back-to-school gift for a college student. Denim is so tough that it will easily outlast the common wimpy laundry bag and whenever you can give something bound for the dumpster new life- you should!

Stitch Simple Jen
    www.stitchsimple.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads