HELP big problem with singer 7033 sewing machine!

Hello, all,

My old Kenmore recently died, and I have a relatively new Singer 7033. It was working beautifully until today, when it suddenly began producing skads of loose loopy thread on the bobbin side of stitching. I''ve tried new needle, new spool, different bobbin, changing tension, all to no avail. Any ideas about what''s causing it and/or how to fix? I note that the manual doesn''t have ANY reference to changing BOBBIN tension...

2. # ADS

HELP big problem with singer 7033 sewing machine!

I wouldn''t mess with the tension screw on the bobbin!

I know this sounds simplistic, but are you sure you threaded correctly and it caught in each turn? and the bobbin is threaded correctly. (that''s what it really sounds like)
    Try cleaning under the bobbin drop area. If you have been sewing something that produces a lot of lint like fleece, lint can build up and cause problems.

That's what I was going to say... are you sure it is threaded correctly? Try re-threading it.... maybe you just accidentally missed a step, or the thread missed it for you!
    I haven't heard many good things about newer Singer products. Have you had good luck with it until now?
    If you cant solve it by re-threading or rethreading your bobbin, I would call around and see if you can find a sewing machine repair shop. Usually they will look at it and give you an estimate on how much it will cost to fix. If it is something simple, they might just show you how to fix it!

i have the same problem with my singer prelude 8280. i feel like a complete idiot fighting with the bobbin and wind up going through a ridiculous amount of thread to get it right, if i manage to. otherwise yet another unfinished project gets added to the pile because the freaking machine gets me so crazy stressed out. between this and my knitting machine, i tend to do everything by hand....

singer 7033

Hi,

That looks like a pretty old Singer. I had a couple of metal Singers from the 1960''s that were workhorses. I got spoiled.

Most machines hate dust and little pieces of thread.
    They also hate burred needles.
    They are finikey little monsters.
    I looked the machine up on the web and found this threading diagram.
    I have personally fiddled with bobbins dozens and dozens of times and the bobbin police failed to show up.
    Thread the top of the machine in black and the bobbin in red and use white doubled fabric. Stitch a line without backstitching either the beginning or the end. Then remove the fabric and pull. Whichever thread breaks, that''s the one that''s too tight. Try it several times. If there are loops on the bottom, tighten the top tension. If the loops are on the top, tighten the bobbin tension. Righty tighty and lefty loosey. Keep making tiny adjustments until when you pull of the fabric, both top and bottom threads break.

If none of this works, get a repair and a reputable dealer.
    Here''s the diagram site.

http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag..._threading.htm

Sorry it''s so long.

Carla

I have had similiar problems with my Singer. And I finally found the problem...I have no idea if it will help you or not, but it might!

On my machine, I have a black plastic "housing" where you put the bobbin in, to thread it (I have no idea what it is called, can''t find the manual to look it up at the moment...so hopefully you know what I mean). Anyhoo, the black plastic peice was loose, and it would pop up just slightly and this is what was causing my problem. Basically, all I had to do, was "re-fit" it down to where it was actually suppose to be and it has stayed, and I haven''t had a problem with it since. I also haven''t moved the machine since. I think whenever I moved it somewhere, it was causing this piece to come loose.

Hope that helps!

thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I will try them. I think it is likely to be a threading issue, although I have had some troubles with the black plastic bobbin "housing" so it could be that too.

I also found this website which might be helpful to other desperate Singer sewers in the future:

http://www.singerco.com/support/faqs.html

Again, thanks to one and all! I'll let you know what works.

Remove Ads

Ads