Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Handmade Christmas gifts for men???? Looking for ideas!

Each year, I handmake at least 1 item for each of our family members & close friends. And this year I am having a really hard time finding something for all of the men! The women were super easy, but the men are tough!

I would love to make stocking caps, but my knitting skills are still leaving something to be desired. But I'm trying...I'm just not ready for this yet, plus, I would have to make a bunch. (I am still throwing around the idea of sewing some fleece hats)

But otherwise, I am open to any suggestions. I paint, draw, sew & craft in general, so I would love to hear ideas for men!

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS

Under "Yarn Question" I posted about the Pine Cone Scarf from Knitting Daily. It is a really nice man-scarf pattern. I finished it in about a week, and it was my first time using a chart and everything. I used two strands (one in Natural, one in Moss or Grass or something like that) of Patons SWS.

I think hats are also a nice idea. I wish I could be more help, but I'm struggling with the handmade gifts thing right now myself.

Duct tape wallets are great for guys of all ages. I made them one year, and grandpas, dads and brothers all liked & used them.

I used this pattern: http://seanm.ca/duct-tape/wallet.html

Each wallet takes about 30 mins, but they're super cheap and fun.

The duct tape wallets are hilarious...and actually they might be perfect! I was joking with family at Thanksgiving that I had run out of new crafts to try. They were joking with me and told me I should take up duct tape art! So this might be a great Idea!

most of the hard-to-shop-for guys on my list are getting handmade liquers. i got the idea from a thread in the consumables forum here. Check out "food as gifts." i think im making one coffee, one chocolate, and one vanilla in a coke-sized bottle as a little mini-set for everyone.

Normally, food is my go-to-gift for the men. But it is getting harder each year as my father in law now has diabetes, my dad has high cholestoral, etc. So I am trying to stay away from food and stuff, but maybe some flavored liquors would be good for some of the men. Thanks for the idea!

im making necklaces for most of my friends (guys and girls) and minicomics.

a couple of friends who would actually use them are actually getting duct tape wallets too.

Seriously, my husband's grandpa, both of our dads, and our brothers & male friends ALL used the duct tape wallets we gave them. They were quite a hit, even with the guys you wouldn't expect.

My other tip on the wallets is if you have a paper cutter, use it to trim the duct tape sheets once you make them.

The liqueurs is a great idea, too!

The only thing I’ve ever managed to make for blokes are scarves, and bless’ em, they’ve always worn them every winter! But the best thing I’ve ever bought for a bloke, my dad, isn’t actually all that crafty, I took £10 into a really cool cheese shop and asked for as many slices of different cheeses as I could for a tenner and then got him a cheese board and some nice biscuits, and my boyfriend got him a nice bottle of port. Went down a treat!

Not good if your worried about cholesterol though I guess…

Em x

A big hit with my Dad last year was a set of pilsner glasses with his college emblem painted on them by my young cousin.

You could also do something more seasonally appropiate, or whatever the man in question would appreciate.

Either with glass paints or glass etching creme (the glass etching stuff is probably less appropriate for young cousins - but you all could handle it)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads