I need crochet helping

I''m not completely new at crocheting but I still have a few things to learn. I''m trying to make a teddy bear for a friend of mine who is having a baby and I cant seem to get the first few rows of the pattern right. The first thing you start on is the nose which is just a circle. However, at the end of each round it never tells me to turn or anything like that, so I''ve just been going around and around. My only problem is I am now on the 8th round and I have more stitches than what it calls for. All the other rounds were done correctly. I just dont know why I have extra stitches that need to be worked, but with no instruction to work them, just to start the next round.
    This is how the pattern follows
    round 1: chain 2. 6 single crochets in 2nd chain from hook
    DID THAT
    Round 2: Work 2 single crochets in each single crochet around (12 stitches)
    DID THAT
    Round 3: Single crochet in each stitch around (repeat for rows 4, 5 & 6)
    DID THAT
    Round 7: (2 single crochet in next single crochet) Repeat 6 times. Single crochet in remaining 6 single crochets (18 stitches)
    DID THAT
    Now here is where I''m getting messed up
    Round 8: (Single crochet in next single crochet, 2 single crochet in next single crochet) repeat all around (24 stitches)
    Now when I get to the point where I have made 24 stitches I have 3 stitches still left over. I thought that maybe the pattern had a typo, but when I did the extra three stitches and started round 9, i ended up with 7 more stitches than I was suppose to at the end of that round.
    Round 9: (Single crochet in each of the next two single crochet, 2 single crochet in next crochet) repeat around (32 stitches)

If anyone could help me I would much appreciate it. I will also send you a copy of the full pattern if it would help any.

Thank you again,
    Ashley

2. # ADS

It seems like there's a mistake in the instructions for round 8. If you do:
    Round 8: (Single crochet in each of the next two single crochet, 2 single crochet in next crochet) repeat around (24 stitches)
    Round 9: (Single crochet in each of the next two single crochet, 2 single crochet in next crochet) repeat around (32 stitches)
    your round 9 should end up correct.

Remove Ads

Ads