Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Painted Furniture

anyone have any neat ideas on how to paint bedroom furniture (colors, technique etc.)?

2. # ADS

There are so many really neat paint finish books in the library,.I check out 3 at a time and just oogle it.I think the biggest problem is narrowing it down to the one I actually want to apply!
    Try Faux Finish in google.Lots and lots of free info at DIY.com and HGTV.com as well.

paint

Im painting my kids rooms seuss style. all their favorite scenes from the seuss books. fun

I just recently painted all my bedroom furniture black. I've got a zebra print theme going on right now. I thought I could keep the furniture simple then add color with my bedding and a couple rugs.

i used a thick primer and primed these salvation army chairs, then i got a high gloss paint in lime and orange and painted each chair. after that i re-upolstered the seats with fun and funky colored fabrics. i think they came out really well, and they are fun, unique, and match the lime green room they live in. i have plans on re-doing another chair with more paint, and re-upolstering the dieing vinyl seat and back...

you can use paint and paper to shnazz things up. i did a bookshelf for my office at school that way. i painted the legs and covered the shelves with the most fabulous paper:

for my home office, i went a lil wild with the colours. i love it. the file cabinets were spray painted, and i used interior paint for the other furniture. the large bookcase was a pain because it was a cheap-o pressed wood special that a friend gave to me for free. i used a belt sander and took off all the laminate, hammered in the shelves, attached plywood to the back for support, primed it, and painted it. for my desk, i used tape to help me create stripes and colour blocks. the chair was grabbed at a second hand store. i recovered the seat and made it muuuuuch happier looking.

cool stuff cornie!

on decorating cents the lady glue on crumpled print tissue paper and then did a paint technique over it so it looked like leather, which I thought was pretty cool and not tacky looking at all.

I picked up a painted furniture book at the library and intended to do this patchwork design, but when it came down to it, I didn't use that idea at all.

I've posted this on glitter and crafster so sorry for the over exposure, but I'm so freakin' happy to have it finished!

How did you paint your furniture? Roller? Brushes? What kind of paint?

I want to paint an little bar/console which currently has an ugly fake-wood laminate finish. I was thinking about doing a coat of primer, then glossy latex paint.

My boyfriend insists that anything other than spray paint will leave an ugly finish. I'm skeptical, since all the decorating shows I've seen (back when I had a tv) used to paint furniture with either a roller or brushes. But my boy is generally a good reference for all things crafty, I'd rather have a second opinion before I go ahead with my original idea.

i painted a chair for an art show in a candy theme. you could paint some furniture in a theme like candy, rainbow, different shades of one color, etc. or decoupage like i did with the candy wrappers.
    here it is:

painting furniture

i just bought a plain old unfinished wood shelf from ikea. my idea was to just go to an art supply store and get some paint and some stensils and have at it but my girlfriend suggested that i check out the 'reject paint bin' at home depot (where people have brought back their custom mixed paint for whatever reason) and i picked up a really pretty can of pale yellow paint for like $5. i also got some metalic aluminum-y collored paint and coated the entire shelf in yellow and did random silver highlights all over (with some cool looking swirls etc on three of the five shelves and on the front of the drawer that came with it then i hit the entire thing with sandpaper to make it look distressed. it turned out beautifully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads