Thread: button pin??

button pin??

i wanted to know how to make my own button pins. like the materials i need and how to and stuff.

anyone know?

2. # ADS

There are lots of machines for making them.
    You can use paper,stickers,fabric,whatever thats fairly flat can go in them.
    They come in pretty standard sizes(1",2"etc.).
    I know some people on here have specific opinions on machins so I'll let them chime in but there are very simple ones(if your just making them for yourself) in the kids craft sections at Joanns and Michaels.
    Also you can make pins out of anything you want and stick them on pin backs.They sell the pin backs in bags in the jewelry section of craft stores.

vintage magazine cut outs make really cool pin designs. ^^ me and my friends are going to buy a pin maker to share and sell pins. If you do get one of the basic ones I do not suggest the "b'stylin" pin maker because two of my friends bought it and it broke on both of there first pins.

check out ebay

i always wanted a button press but couldn't find one around rural iowa, so my boyfriend got me a Badge-a-Minit off of Ebay. I'm not a big fan of ebay, but there is usually at least 5 different sizes/types of machines or kits for button making on there and they're reasonably priced. not to mention, you can get all of your refil supplies there too. I got supplies to make 100 for $20 - and if you decide to sell what you make, it would be a decent profit...and you don't have to spend a lot of time making them either! ...just an idea :-)

oh...and you can use ANYTHING to make buttons. the kit i got came with a cdROM to design...but we cut out photos, old Nintendo coloring books, Pizza Roll boxes...ANYTHING. GOOD LUCK!

I saved and got one of the really good button makers... From Dr. Dons (though I found somewhere else to get it cheaper)
    If you plan on making a lot of buttons, and making them for a long time, I'd go with the Tecre one. They're about $200 and up, depending on the size, and the supplies are pretty cheap, too, and don't have BadgeaMinit imprinted on them. If you're not planning on long-term, major use of the button maker, then I definitely recommend Badgeaminit, though. I don't have one, but I have a couple online friends who have sent me buttons they made with theirs, and they don't come out too shabby! :)

Remove Ads

Ads