Shower Curtin: how to make?

I moving soon and I've decided that I want a Mediteranean (don't know if I spelled that correctly) feel to the bathroom. I've been shopping around and have been unable to find a shower curtain to my liking. I figured that I'd just make one of my own.

Does anyone know I can do this or at least what kind of stamp I should use. I thought I could find a clear one and stamp on it to get the effect that I'd like.

Any advice would be most apprectiated.

Also I have a plastic smiley cup that I'd like to cover up as well and give it the same feel, anyone know what glue to use to keep the paper from just peeling off?

2. # ADS

what about just using a liner and then finding fabric you like for the curtain part?

I saw on a BBC show once--they used a regular cut-out sponge, dipped it in paint and dabbed on the clear plastic shower curtain. But I'm sure they used special paint to keep it from peeling off..??

what kind of paint do you think that was? Maybe glass paint? Just getting a clear one and stamping my design was the way I was going to go but the paint issue arose.

Not sure. I guess you can try the paint they use to paint tiles over. Don't know what it's called. They're supposed to be nice and glossy and bathroom-proof. Good luck..!

I made my own shower curtain with a plain clear vinyl liner and some cheap-o acrylic paint. Here's a link to the Craftster tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...934.0#msg12687

(Another person made something similar: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=8849.0)

Shower curtain update?

Quote Originally Posted by Croquette
    I made my own shower curtain with a plain clear vinyl liner and some cheap-o acrylic paint. Here's a link to the Craftster tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...934.0#msg12687
    How long has it been? Is the shower curtain holding up well?

How long has it been? Is the shower curtain holding up well?
    I think I made it in December or January. The painted side is doing quite well; the paint hasn't chipped or peeled or anything like that. In fact, the paint looks the same as it did right after I made it. The only reason you might want to spray some kind of sealant on it (like the other gal on Craftster did) is if you want it to be more glossy-looking.

On the other hand, the other side of my shower curtain (the one facing in towards the shower) is covered with water spots. So much so that the curtain is almost opaque in some places. I imagine this could have been avoided were I a more diligent house cleaner, but oh well. A couple of people had said vinegar is a good way to get rid of water spots, but I tried this a couple of months ago and it didn't really work for me. (My guess is that it's because I let the problem get so bad before I tried to do anything.) I imagine that if you spray it once a week with a vinegar/water solution, you won't have a water spot problem.

Another problem is that, because I used a super cheap curtain liner, one of the holes at the top has torn. No big deal. But this is definitely not a "withstand the test of time" type of thing to make--it's been eight or so months, and I'm about ready to replace mine.

If anyone ends up making one of these, I'd love to see your results!

Soap Scum

If the spots are soap scum instead of hard water deposits, you can try washing them off with the same soap that is on there...

Remove Ads

Ads