Linoleum: how to remove?

I'm moving soon and the kitchen has linoleum flooring only it's coming up in spots. There's this hot deal on linoleum at a store I go to.

Does anyone know the process of fulling the old stuff up? Or can I just lay the new stuff over the old? How does the linoleum stay down? My guess is some sort of glue but I thought I'd ask you crafty gals before I proceed with the project.

2. # ADS

Is it actually linoleum or is it sheet vinyl? If it's sheet vinyl you can remove it yourself, but if it's real linoleum, you might need a pro. Old linoleum was made with asbestos, so cutting into it can expose you. You can easily lay a new floor over an old floor, as long as it's clean and level. I've seen floors that started as hardwood, were covered with 3 layers of vinyl and then carpet. Of course, nobody knew until we started digging.
    Good luck!

Even if it's old linoleum with asbestos, as long as you wear a dust mask and don't sand it off you'll be fine.

I think that if you need to get rid of toxic materials in the room, it's better to find professional help with this. I recently found this service https://gururestoration.com/asbestos-removal-inspection/scarborough/ from one of the contractor companies in my area. I think that if I needed to get rid of asbestos in the flooring, then it would be right to turn to them and get this service at an affordable price.

I think that linoleum is not a good point for this purpose. You can better purchase a good parquet instead. As for me, I was using https://lamellatrading.uk.com/ in order to buy a high quality flooring for it. I think that it is really important to find a good firm. As I am living in London, it is really important to worry about the delivery, I also pay attention at the price, I think that it is not the last thing at all.

Parquet cost more

Remove Ads

Ads