Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eydie

Thread: Who likes to scrapbook?

Administrator

Who likes to scrapbook?

I do!!

Which this weekend, I was in JoAnn's Craft Store and they had the Slice (diecut machine) for 50% off and select CriCut cartridges for $18.99 - was a good buy...

How about anyone else - good buys you have found? What supplies do you use?

2. # ADS

I'm a Cricut user and love all the cartridges, own far more than I need, but wouldn't want to give up a single one! A "must" to go along with the Cricut is the Xyron sticker machine. With the Xyron at hand the tiny pieces cut by the Cricut are quickly and easily turned into stickers, which makes them a breeze to apply to a project. I think my favorite tool is my Cuttlebug, which I use with a number of the Wizard Nestabilities shapes in addition to numerous embossing folders. JoAnn's had a great sale on Nestabilities a couple of weeks ago, but now prices are back to normal. I'll keep an eye out for any deals to pass along.

Administrator
    That is awesome! I like the Xyron products as well...however, I am a Sizzix user and most of the dies are universal...

Yes - we definitely need to stay up to date on the sales for JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby (the only 2 craft stores in my area) altho, we do have a Michaels about an hour and a half south of us.

Cool I do!!!!

Ok but I might be a *bit* more of a "hoarder/addict" than most people out there. I've learned to live with the "illness"

A couple of stores that can surprise you are "Big Lots" and "Tuesday Morning." They are both pretty spotty in that there is not an average flow of good deals in the scrapbooking area. However, when they get some watch out!

A couple of months ago I got 12x12 Martha Stewart photo albums, the ones covered in embroidered fabric...absolutely gorgeous....they sell for about $30.00 and Big Lots had them for $4.99! Needless to say, I got about FOUR even though I DON'T NEED THEM....but could not pass on it!

For online shopping I use "Scrapbuck" a whole lot. Their customer services is EXCELLENT, they are super inexpensive and they ship the same day the order is placed.

As far as electronic devices, I have a Cricut and a Silhouette and love them both for different reasons. I love to do dry embossing and for that I use the Epic 6 and it accepts embossing folders from all brands.

My advice to you is don't be compulsive and get everything under the sun just because is out there. I wish I could follow that advice!
    Last edited by Eydie; 04-15-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    admin likes this.

Super Moderator
    I absolutely LOVE scrapbooking! I only go to buy supplies after I've gotten the Sunday newspaper with my Joanne's coupons in it.

Remove Ads

Ads