Alternative to paint?

I was discussing wall coloring with my new landlord and when I talked to him he seemed fine about everything but then he changed his mind.

I can't paint on the wooden panelling. Well that knocks 2 out of 3 rooms I was going to paint. That place is so ugly I need color.

Does anyone have an alternative to paint. Something that can be removed. The two areas are the kitchen and the bathroom that have this super ugly panelling.

Please help.

2. # ADS

You can apply tissue paper and fabric to walls with starch, which is pretty much water soluable and rises right off with water after you take down the material. I'm not too sure how it would work on paneling with the ridges and all, but another option is to hang large canvasses painted a solid color or with a picture. I'm not sure how your landlord feels about holes or tape on the walls, but if that's not an issue, you can probably do something crazy like covering the walls entirely in dissected stuffed animals-- no, that's probably not a good idea, but you see what I mean.

One thing you can do, if you have the energy for it, is to cover the walls with fabric using wallpaper paste. You could do this with canvas that you've painted, or with commercial fabric. Just apply with wallpaper paste and it should come off the wall without even tearing if you apply water. Then you can wash the wallpaper paste off the wall when you're ready to move out.

Think of the mural possibilities!

Don't hang the muslin and then paint, thought. The paint would seep through to the wall.

Large pieces of art on canvases may do the trick too. A friend of mine did it--she made paintings on a large pieces of plexiglass, placed lighting behind them and hung them on the wall. She hardly needed lamps in her room after that. Pretty cool.

i saw this idea on another board/post....

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

it makes any image into a huge mural you can print off of your computer and put on your wall. it would be fun if you have a lot of wall space to cover!!

Quote Originally Posted by vintageleo
    i saw this idea on another board/post....

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

it makes any image into a huge mural you can print off of your computer and put on your wall. it would be fun if you have a lot of wall space to cover!!
    Ooh, I was just going to post the same link! Well, I second it, then... :-) (haven't tried the rasterbator myself yet but the pictures in their gallery looks so cool)

Remove Ads

Ads