Questions -> crafters block

I have a LOT of shirts that I never wear, most of them being plain t's, one of them is a polo. Unfortuanatly, I also have crafter's block... Any ideas??

2. # ADS

How about some nice unique bags out of tshirt prints? Just put some lining to make them sturdy.. Or, for something daring, a printed tshirt quilt? If you don't have enough prints, you can always stencil on the plain ones.

i second the t-shirt quilt idea.

you could also cut them up in strips and crochet with them.

do you have any old pairs of jeans? if so i have an awesome purse that you can make...

Step 1: Cut an old pair of jeans on the left side of the fly(make sure you get the button too) and one third of the way down the right leg of jeans.

Step 2: You should now have something relativley easy to sew into a purse. Turn inside out. Sew the sides(dont sew the top part!) of the purse( I recommend hand-stitching- if you hand sew repeat a couple of times) and turn inside out.

Step 3- Get an old belt or some really cute ribbon and thread throught the belt loops and then create a strap (use your imagination!).

Step 4- If you did it right (I know the instructions arent all that clear and there are no pictures- thats my fault-) you should have (on the back) a back pocket and (on front) have a fly to undo and reach hand in to get stuff, a button to undo if desired, and another pocket at the front.

Step 5: Decorate! I brought out my Sharpies and wrote all whole bunch of stuff: quotes,random words, adjectives to describe me, and drew stars, canadian flags etc. Add patches, pins, whatever! Do as your imagination tells you to.

I hope the instructions were clear, post back if you need any help.:)[/img]

THANK YOU SOOO much for the ideas!!! By t-shirt prints do you mean like a stencil-ie type thing? I might just have to do the jean idea, I have something like that that I made at camp a few years ago and everyone loves it! You guys have absolutly no idea how much easier you just made my life :-))

Any type of printed tshirt should work.. I just brought up the stencil idea cuz I wasn't sure how much plain t's you have.

Glad you liked the idea, keep us posted on whatever you end up doing..!

Another vote for the quilt! I made a frayed-edge quile out of several of my husbands old tees. He had a lot of old wrestling shirts from his highschool years that he didn't want to get rid of, but couldn't wear because they were so thin/old/might fall apart. There is a book called Frayed Edge Fun or something hokey like that. But it has good ideas. I could even try to type up a short tutorial for you if you wanted.

jennjitsu

Remove Ads

Ads